In the world of international trade and logistics, Dry Storage or Standard Containers are the workhorses that facilitate the seamless movement of goods across the globe. These containers are the most common type used for shipping various types of cargo, ranging from consumer goods to industrial products. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the features, benefits, and significance of Dry or Standard Containers in the shipping industry.
What is a Dry or Standard Shipping Container?
A Dry or Standard Container is a standardized, weatherproof, and durable shipping container designed to transport non-perishable goods. These containers come in different sizes, with the 20-foot and 40-foot variants being the most prevalent. They are made of steel, making them strong enough to withstand harsh weather conditions and protect the cargo from external elements.
Advantages of Dry or Standard Containers:
Secure Transportation: The robust construction of Dry containers ensures that the cargo remains safe and intact throughout the shipping journey.
Cost-Effectiveness: Dry containers are widely available and relatively affordable, making them a cost-effective choice for shipping goods.
Standardization: Their standardized sizes and design allow for efficient stowage and stacking on ships, optimizing space utilization and reducing handling costs.
Reduced Packaging Needs: Goods can be loaded directly into Dry containers, minimizing the need for additional packaging and saving on packing costs.
To discuss your container needs, get in touch with Global Container and Chassis immediately to check the container for sale near you. We sell new and used shipping containers. Our experienced and knowledgeable team is ready to provide you with expert guidance and help you find the ideal storage solution.
1. Size Options: Our standard dry storage containers are available in various sizes, including 10 ft, 20 ft, 40 ft, and 45 ft. This range of sizes allows you to choose the container that best suits your cargo volume and transportation requirements.
2. Robust Construction: Constructed from high-quality steel, our containers are built to withstand harsh weather conditions, extreme temperatures, and rough handling during transportation. The durable and corrosion-resistant construction ensures the long-term protection of your cargo.
3. Secure and Weatherproof: The double doors at one end of the container are equipped with reliable locking mechanisms, providing enhanced security for your goods. Additionally, the container’s construction and sealing techniques effectively protect against water, dust, and pests, ensuring that your cargo remains safe and intact.
4. Intermodal Compatibility: Standard dry storage containers are designed for seamless integration into various modes of transportation. Whether it’s by ship, train, or truck, these containers can be easily loaded, unloaded, and transferred, ensuring smooth transitions between different parts of the logistics chain.
5. Stackable Design: The standardized dimensions of standard dry storage containers allow for efficient stacking, maximizing space utilization during storage and transportation. This stacking capability helps optimize container usage and reduce costs.
6. Versatile Applications: In addition to their primary use in shipping and logistics, standard dry storage containers have a wide range of applications. They are commonly used for on-site storage at construction sites, as mobile offices or retail spaces, and even as the foundation for innovative architectural structures.
(L x W x H)
|19.4ft x 7.8ft x 7.9ft
|33.2 cubic meters
(1,172 cubic feet)
|20ft High Cube
|19.4ft x 7.7ft x 8.9ft
|37.28 cubic meters
(1,316 cubic feet)
|39.5ft x 7.9ft x 7.9ft
|67.7 cubic meters
(2,389 cubic feet)
|40ft High Cube
|39.5ft x 7.8ft x 8.10ft
|76.3 cubic meters
(2,694.5 cubic feet)
|45ft High Cube
|44.5ft x 7.8ft x 8.10ft
|86 cubic meters
(3,037 cubic feet)
1. Shipping and Transportation: Dry storage containers are primarily used for transporting goods globally. They are designed to withstand the rigors of long-distance transportation, protecting the cargo from external elements such as moisture, dust, and theft. These containers provide a safe and secure means of transporting various types of goods, including consumer products, raw materials, and equipment.
2. Warehousing and Storage: Dry storage containers serve as temporary or long-term storage solutions for businesses. They are weather-resistant, ensuring that the stored items remain protected from environmental factors. Many industries, such as retail, construction, and agriculture, utilize these containers to store excess inventory, equipment, and seasonal goods. The containers can be customized with shelving, lighting, and ventilation systems to suit specific storage needs.
3. Portable Structures and Pop-up Shops: The durability and mobility of dry storage containers have led to their transformation into portable structures. They can be converted into offices, on-site laboratories, classrooms, or even mobile medical clinics. Additionally, these containers have become popular for creating pop-up shops and restaurants, providing entrepreneurs with cost-effective and eye-catching spaces to showcase their products or services.