In the world of international shipping and logistics, flat rack containers have become the go-to choice for transporting oversized and irregularly shaped cargo. With their open-sided design and sturdy construction, these specialized containers provide a flexible and reliable solution for shipping goods that do not fit into standard containers. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the features, benefits, and diverse applications of flat rack containers in the global shipping industry.
What is a Flat Rack Container?
Flat rack containers, also known as platform containers, are designed with collapsible or fixed-end walls and an open top. This configuration allows for easy loading and unloading of cargo from the sides and top, making them perfect for items that exceed the dimensions of regular containers. They come in various sizes, such as 20 feet and 40-foot, to accommodate different cargo requirements.
Contact Global Container and Chassis today to discuss your flat rack container requirements. Our dedicated team is ready to assist you in finding the perfect solution to transport your oversized or irregularly shaped cargo securely and efficiently. Trust us to deliver the reliability and flexibility you need for your unique transportation challenges.
1. Flexibility in Loading: With no side walls, flat rack containers offer maximum flexibility for loading cargo from the sides or top. This makes them particularly suitable for cargo that requires crane or forklift access, or cargo that exceeds the dimensions of standard containers.
2 . End-to-End Security: Flat racks are equipped with sturdy corner fittings and lashing points, enabling secure fastening of the cargo with straps, chains, or other securing methods. This ensures that your cargo remains stable and protected throughout the transportation process, even in rough sea conditions or during long-haul journeys.
3. Different Configurations: Flat rack containers come in various configurations to cater to different cargo requirements. Some flat racks have collapsible or folding end walls, allowing for easier storage and transportation when not in use. Others have fixed end walls for added stability and strength.
4. Size Options: We offer flat rack containers in different sizes, including 20 ft and 40 ft variants, to accommodate a wide range of cargo volumes and weight capacities. The containers are built to international ISO standards, ensuring compatibility with various modes of transportation.
5. Versatile Applications: Flat rack containers have diverse applications beyond shipping. They are often used for storage purposes in construction sites or industrial facilities. Additionally, they can be modified and repurposed for unique applications, such as creating temporary bridges or stages for events.
|Container Size||Interior Dimensions|
(L x W x H)
|Payload Capacity||Tare Weight||Cubic Capacity|
|20ft||19.5 ft x 7.7 ft x 7.7 ft||30,140 kg |
|32.7 cubic meters |
(1,154.3 cubic feet)
|40ft||39.8 ft x 7.9 ft x 7 ft||40,000 kg |
|62.2 cubic meters |
(2,195.7 cubic feet)
|40ft HC||39.8 ft x 7.9 ft x 7.5 ft||47,300 kg|
|66.7 cubic meters|
(2,354.3 cubic feet)
Contact us to check the container for sale near you.
- IICL-5 Containers
- Cargo Worthy
- Wind and Water-Tight (WWT)
- As is or General Purpose
- Damage Container